As the kids get older, I struggle with how much information about them to include in publicly available blogs. Although I may continue to post stories here from time to time, I am no longer maintaining this as an active blog because I wish to keep my children's childhoods for them rather than providing them for public consumption.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Joy Diet: a Beginning

I've been reading Gretchen Wegner's blog and she is participating in a bloggers book group hosted by Jamie Ridler. I'm intrigued, so I'm joining in - albeit a little late. The current book is "The Joy Diet" by Martha Beck. The plan is that we read the book a chapter at a time, and spend a week with the ingredient of joy in the chapter and then blog about it on Fridays.

I've been pretty stressed lately and could use a little community and a little more conscious awareness of the joy in my life. An on-line book group is perfect for my schedule. In addition, I have been struggling to keep up with this blog and have NaNoWriMo coming up in November, so a more regular writing schedule would be a good thing.

Things got started this week and I only realized it on Wednesday. My copy of the book is waiting for me to pick up at the library tonight. In the meantime, I am getting started the best I can based on reading other people's blog entries.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

This is most definitely a "better late than never" situation and you'll have no difficulty catching up, after all, we've done "nothing" this week!! :) Looking forward to spending time enjoying the joy diet with you!

Gretchen Wegner said...

Ooooh, oooooh! Who are you!? Because I must know you, yes? Or know of you? Or just love InterPlay along with you? Anyway -- yay for you for jumping on board with the blogging group. I notice I'm a MUCH more regular blogger in ALL ASPECTS of my blog when I'm doing one of Jamie's book groups. Wierd isn't it, but I guess the more we write, the more we want to write. Big body blessings to you!!!